Guests at The Ocean SPA Lodge can participate in a wide range of diverse, on and off-site activities, appealing to all tastes and ages. Whether right on your door step at the Water Sports Centre, or a little further afield, you can enjoy thrilling kite-surfing, quality snorkeling, scuba-diving, deep-sea fishing, adventurous safari and game drives, golfing and much more.
Thrilling, unique, rejuvenating and everything in between!
- Yoga & Fitness – for relaxation and meditation
- Back & Neck massage – included in your stay is 1 x 30 minutes Back & Neck massage at The SPA & Water Wellness Circuit, (1 massage, per room per stay)
- Flui-ball classes – A series of exercises which help to improve strength and the ability to balance
- Table games – these include Monopoly, Scrabble, Chess and Backgammon
- Outdoor games including bowls and beach volleyball.
- Guided walks are available using a knowledgeable local guide who will take you through a traditional Msambweni village or to see the beauty of the coral reef.
- Onsite Water Sports Centre: Here you can try a range of activities to suit all abilities. Activities include: snorkelling, body boarding, kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding
External Activities & Day trips
(available at an extra charge)
- Fisherman boat trip – Go out with a local fisherman to the waters of the Mswambweni Reef.
- Dhow Experience in Kisite-Mpunguti Marine Park (guided snorkeling and scuba diving) – Cruise the ocean onboard a traditional Arabian-style ‘dhow’ and participate in guided snorkeling, in protected waters. An experience not to be missed.
- Mangrove River excursion – A 2 hour adventure through the mangroves of the Ramisi River on a motorised canoe.
- Golfing – Enjoy a round of golf on Diani Beach
- Deep-sea fishing – This is the chance to be taken by an experienced captain and crew for a rewarding, and fun, game-packed fishing safari.
- Safaris & game drives into Shimba Hills National Reserve – This magical one-day safari experience takes you into one of the last intact wild rainforests in Kenya.
- Sky-diving – An opportunity to ‘fly’ during a tandem skydive over the beach.
- Kite-surfing – If you’re a thrill seeker then kite-surfing or kiteboarding is the perfect activity to try.
- Windsurfing – Windsurfing courses available from beginner to expert with extremely skilled and experienced instructors.
- Day Flying Safaris – Incorporate a bush experience into your beach holiday with these safaris. Three Day Flying Safaries are available to Lions Bluff or Galana River or Amboseli National Park. Whichever one you choose it will be a fantastic experience.
Detailed information is available on all the activities mentioned here in our downloadable brochure.